OrganizedWisdom Health is a venture-backed start-up looking for PHP Developers with strong experience with data driven web development to join our small and agile team. Although we are based in NYC, we are a virtual company so you have the opportunity to work remotely from wherever you live! This is a growth opportunity that, because of our small team and unique "Business in the Cloud" infrastructure, requires a commitment to self-motivation, communication, and hands-on implementation. We only hire motivated superstars and we're looking for people with a natural ability to make things simple, efficient, and useful. The ideal candidate wants to do extraordinary work and make a big impact with a team of innovative, smart, ambitious, and fun people. If you want to be a part of a growing company that is helping a lot of people get access to better health information then please contact us.
- ~ At least 2 - 3 years LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) experience
- ~ SQL, particularly with MySQL
- ~ UNIX
- ~ Experience with data driven web development
- ~ Experience with SEO fundamentals
- ~ Some layout skill (you know how to float things, nest things, div things – you don’t use tables for layout)
- ~ Experience optimizing websites for scalability (we’re starting to see rapid growth, the code must scale)
- ~ Working in a development team with people that have a variety of front and back end skill sets
- ~ Love start-up environment and growth companies that innovate fast
- ~ Want to put your heart and soul into building an exceptional product that will help a lot of people
Huge plus if you already have experience with:
- ~ CodeIgniter or any MVC framework such as Cake
- ~ Twitter API
- ~ RSS feeds
- ~ git
- ~ Working in the Cloud
- ~ Understanding of Agile Development
- ~ Search Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities
- ~ Creating and extending web pages
- ~ Collecting, processing, and analyzing feeds
Benefits of Joining OrganizedWisdom
- ~ We’re a fun, growing, and results-based team that is motivated by building something exceptional, so we expect and give you the opportunity to make your mark.
- ~ We provide employee stock options and results-based compensation packages.
- ~ We move very quickly and your opinions are essential.
- ~ You can work from anywhere: no commuting, no time tracking, no BS...we focus on results.
- ~ Flexible schedules available.
- ~ We’re very experienced serial entrepreneurs, and we've learned the hard way before.
- ~ Read our post about how we are building our company by Going Green, Virtually
- ~ Read about the OrganizedWisdom Culture and Our 10 Core Values
- ~ Read this article to get an idea of what we are looking for
- ~ Read the free eBook "Getting Real" from 37Signals to better understand our philosophy
Email your resume and brief responses to these 7 questions:
- Briefly describe your programming experience and what inspired you to apply.
- List the 3 most important things to you when selecting a job.
- List your salary goal.
- What was the best project you were involved in and why?
- What was the most challenging project you ever worked on and why? What did you take away from that?
- What is your ideal work schedule and environment and why?
- What is your Twitter ID or LinkedIn?
Email us at email@example.com with "PHP Developer" in the subject line.