Chopra Center for Wellbeing at La Costa Resort
2013 Costa del Mar
Carlsbad, CA 92009
(888) 424 - 6772
- Primary Area of Practice
- Integrative Medicine / Alternative Medicine
- Specialty/Area of Focus
- General Preventive Medicine
- Medical School
- Graduated from Keck School of Medicine - University of Southern California in 2000
- Dr. Porter is an expert in Mind-Body Medicine and former Medical Director of The Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad, California. Board Certified in both General Preventive Medicine and Integrative Holistic Medicine, she has studied directly with many luminaries in holistic medicine including Drs. David Simon, Deepak Chopra, Andrew Weil, James Gordon, Mimi Guarneri, Joseph Helms, and Tieraona Low Dog.
A graduate of USC – Keck School of Medicine, she also has a Master’s of Public Health degree with a focus on Environmental Health. Dr. Porter was the recipient of a Bravewell Collaborative scholarship for the prestigious Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and was also a Research Fellow at Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Beyond allopathic medicine, Dr. Porter has received extensive additional training in many complementary healing modalities including Ayurveda, medical acupuncture, meditation, yoga, Healing Touch, herbal and nutritional supplements, and mind-body medicine which she combines in her medical practice at the Chopra Center.
Dr. Porter believes that one of the most important roles of a doctor is to teach and takes to heart that the root of the word doctor is from the Latin “docere” which means “teach.” In addition to individual patient guidance, she teaches regularly at the Chopra Center’s Perfect Health Program and for Chopra Center University’s Teacher Training Programs in Yoga, Meditation, and Perfect Health. She also lectures nationally to health-care providers and has authored book chapters and articles on many areas of health and healing. As adjunct faculty in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at UCSD School of Medicine, she also educates residents and medical students and has been involved in the planning committee for UCSD’s Center for Integrative Medicine.
Social Media and Site Links
- Carlsbad, CA US
- MD, MPH
USC - Keck School of Medicine: 1996 – 2000
San Diego State University: 2005 - 2007
University of Arizona: 2006 – 2008
Fellowship, Integrative Medicine
- Site Groups
- Active Health Library, CAM, Acupuncturist, Integrative Physician, Physician, MPH, Doctor