2440 Sister Mary Columba Drive
Red Bluff, CA 96080
- Primary Area of Practice
- Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine
- Medical School
- Graduated from Creighton University School of Medicine in 1985
- Dr. Curtis SF Wong is a board-certified plastic surgeon who relocated his practice from Redding, CA to Red Bluff, CA and is serving Chico, Corning, and surrounding communities. He specializes in surgery of the breast, body contouring and facial rejuvenation. He has authored an article in emedicine.com titled “Breast Reduction, Amputation,” which details the technique of breast reduction with nipple grafts. While practicing in Redding, he served as an Assistant Clinical Professor from the University of California – Davis where he supervised and instructed Family Practice Residents.
Dr. Wong was born and raised in Wailuku, Hi (island of Maui) and received his MD degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, NE. He went on to complete his General Surgery residency at the University of Kansas-Wichita School of Medicine where he also received the Deans Award. This award was given to the resident exemplifying the education of medical students. He completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and following his graduation, moved to Redding where he assumed Dr. William Shadish’s established practice.
He was approached by Dr. Mark Ball and joined forces, forming Plastic Surgery Associates of Redding. During his time in Redding, he was voted “Best Cosmetic Surgeon” by the After Five Magazine readers and became the most experienced breast surgeon during that time. After 17 years there, he chose to leave the corporation and relocated his practice to its current location in Red Bluff.
During his career, he has received additional training in microvascular surgery, laser technologies, and workshops on dermal fillers. He has also acquired a CO2 laser, a Portrait Nitrogen Plasma machine and a Matrix Fractional CO2 laser machine, providing these services in his office. He attends national meetings on a regular basis. He has also volunteered time to remove tattoos from teens and continues to do so on a limited basis.
He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery which focuses on the latest techniques and technologies in cosmetic surgery. He is also a member of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, the California Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the North Valley Medical Association. He has chosen not to join the American College of Surgeons (FACS) or the American Medical Association (AMA).
Social Media and Site Links
- Red Bluff, CA US
- Hospital Affiliations
- St. Elizabeth's Hospital
Chico Surgery Center
Effective July, 2012: Mercy Medical Center Redding, Patient's Hospital, Shasta Regional Medical Center, Mercy Surgery Center, Redding Surgery Center and Court Street Surgery Center
- Honors and Awards
- “Best Cosmetic Surgeon” by the After Five Magazine
Deans Award for Resident Teaching 1988
- Aviation, travel, outdoor activities including golf and skiing, and the betterment of my community
English (Native fluency)
American Board of Plastic Surgery - 1996
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
California Society of Plastic Surgeons
The North Valley Medical Association
California Medical Association
Creighton University : 1980
Creighton University School of Medicine: 1985
University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita: 1985-1990
General Surgery Residency
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center: 1990-1992
Plastic Surgery Residency
Breast AmputationeMedicine | 2000
Authors: Curtis S F Wong, MD; Chief Editor: James Neal Long, MD, FACS
Article details the technique of breast reduction with nipple grafts.
Epidemiological Comparison of Mortality Between Hawaii and NebraskaDec 1977
Under the direction of Saul Rosenthal, PhD, Professor of Sociology
Comparison of Scarlet Red and Xeroform on Donor Site MorbidityJuly 1988
Spontaneous Pneumothorax: Chest Tube or Simple CatheterDec 1989
Letter to the Editor, PRS, Simple Method for Immobilizing the ArmSept 2000
- Site Groups
- Physician, Active Health Library, Doctor, Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon